Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sweet Potato with Coconut Milk Bread

I haven't baked bread for a very long time because bread is a food that I cannot resist. Making bread for me is also a method of relaxation that I really like. Because I always fear that eating bread will pack more pounds onto my weight, I must enroll myself in a health club. I'm just kidding, but today, I really want to introduce a very special bread. It is simple and uses the bread machine as a big helping hand. When I want to enjoy a simple breakfast consisting of a sandwich with bacon, tomatoes, and green lettuce, I have to make myself a loaf of sandwich bread – the kind that is as soft as a pillow and sweet. I am talking about potato bread. The kind of soft bread that smells and tastes wonderful. However, I learned recently that sweet potato, coconut milk, and oil have tremendous heath benefits, so why not use them together in the ingredients for this bread. This summer my garden produced quite a lot of tomatoes, so this bread will make a delicious sandwich even though it was very simple to prepare. Bon Appétit!

Ingredients:
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup mashed sweet potato
1 egg
1 tsp salt
3 tbs sugar
2 tbs coconut oil
4 cups bread flour
2 tsp active dry yeast

Directions:

Place all the ingredients as listed in the order above into a bread machine pan. Press the dough function to start the process. When the machine is finished, it will beep or make the kind of sound to remind us the dough is ready.




I like my loaf baked in the oven instead of in the bread machine.
Remove dough from the bread machine pan and shape it to fit into a loaf pan. Cover with plastic or kitchen towel and let dough rise until doubles in size for a second time.
Preheat oven to 350° and bake the loaf for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before slicing the bread.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment