Saturday, August 29, 2015

Tomato & Seafood Soup

My family had a very happy vacation here in my house, and they just left yesterday. I have mixed emotions when they left, but, I am also very happy to be able to return to my blog after nearly a month caring for my mother when she was here. There is a slight feeling of emptiness, but I am now rested a bit and anxious to return to normal activities that I prefer, which include introducing dishes that I make daily for myself and then share them with everyone on the Internet. Most of the tomatoes in my garden have ripened, and it is a good time to harvest them. There are so many ways to use tomatoes, but today I will introduce a healthy tomato soup with seafood. I think this is a very good soup for me to prepare after a month of only cooking my mother’s favorite dishes containing beef or pork.

Ingredients:
5 cups chicken broth
2 carrots, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 celery stalks chopped
2 sprigs of parsley, chopped
1 sprig of thyme
1 lb. of tomatoes, chopped
Egg whites from 2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 oz. tuna, cut into bite size pieces
1 package of mixed seafood (about 1 lb)
1 cup cherry tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste

Chopped green onions for garnish

Directions:
Bring 5 cups of chicken broth to boil. In a mixing bowl, combine carrots, onions, celery, parsley, thyme, tomatoes, and egg whites. Add mixture to the chicken broth and simmer for one hour or until the broth looks clear.


 

Drain the broth through a fine sieve .


Pour broth back into a soup pan and bring to boil. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.

Add seafood, and tuna. Bring back to boil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes.



Ladle soup into a serving bowl. Sprinkle chopped green onions on top and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment