Monday, October 2, 2017

Mushrooms-Cherry-Tomatoes Quiche

Quiche is one of my favorite finger foods, which serves as an hors d’oeuvres at any party. However, quiche is also made with heavy cream, cheese, and the crust makes me feel a little uneasy to eat.  To create a healthier version of quiche so that I can enjoy it for dinner, I will share this recipe. I use my fresh cherry tomatoes from my garden, mushrooms and some vegetables that I have on hand. Instead of using heavy cream, I replace the cream with coconut milk which also cuts down quite a lot of calorie. I am very happy with this recipe and hope that you will also.

Ingredients:
One 9 inch store-bought unbaked pie crust
3 eggs
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups low fat cheese (your choice)
1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup broccoli
1/2 cup asparagus, sliced
2 minced garlic cloves
2 shallots, sliced
1 tbs olive oil
Salt, pepper, chili flakes, mustard powder to taste.


Directions:
In a mixing bowl whisk eggs and milk and set aside is to.
In a sauté pan, add oil, sautéed garlic, and shallots until fragrant (about 2 minutes).

 Stir in mushrooms and cook until soft. Add broccoli and asparagus and cook until tender (about 3 minutes). 



Season with salt, pepper, chili flakes, and mustard powder.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place half of the cheese on the bottom of the pie.

Pour the cooked vegetables over.

Top with cherry tomatoes.



Pour the egg and milk mixture over.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the egg sets and is golden brown.

Let quiche cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment