Friday, December 29, 2017

Easy Rum and Fruit Muffins

Christmas is a time when people give each other fruitcake as a gift. Most of my friends always tell me not to give them a fruitcake. However, they love my rum and fruit muffins. I use the easy Vitamix® method to make most of my muffins. I like this recipe because it still reminds me of the fruitcake that not many people enjoy. However, these muffins certainly are a welcome gift. Here is a gift from me to you. Happy holidays!

Ingredients:
2 cups cake mix*
2 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
1/4 cup rum
1 ½ cups total of raisins, apricots, figs, cranberries, and prunes

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line a 12 muffin tin with paper liners.

Chop figs, prunes, and apricots to raising-size pieces and soak them with rum for 1 hour.
In a mixing bowl, add cake mix and whisk well.

In a Vitamix® or other blender container, add eggs, sugar, milk, and oil.  Blend for 30 seconds.

Pour the well-blended egg-milk mixture into the cake mix (use a hand whisk to blend gently). Add rum -soaked fruits and continue to blend gently until combined.
Scoop the batter into the muffin tin paper liners (3/4 full).

Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
You will now make your friends happy!!


*You can make a cake mix by adding 1 ½ tsp. baking powder to 1 cup of all-purpose flour. Add a pinch of salt to this mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment