Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Chocolate Cookies Cake

A friend of mine sent me this recipe that she learned during the Covid-19 lockdown. The ingredients are so simple: there are cookies, milk, and baking powder. I feel a little skeptical about this recipe, but today after making this cake, I am confident enough to post this recipe for all my blog fans who frequently visit my blog. My friend uses the regular cookies with chocolate. I use the Oreo cookies. I remove the filling from the cookies and add some of chocolate to make a frosting for this cake. I can share the easy chocolate frosting recipe as well.

Ingredients:

1 package of chocolate cookies or Oreo cookies (your choice) about 450 gr

1 ½ cups of milk, skim or whole milk

1 tbs baking powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°.

Line an 8” x 8” cake pan with parchment paper.

Place the cookies in a blender and blend until fine crumbs.

Pour the cookies crumbs in a large mixing bowl.

Add baking powder. Mix well.

Pour milk into the cookie crumbs. I use a handheld blender and blend until the batter is smooth.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Let it cool completely before frosting.

Chocolate frosting for this cake:

1 stick softened butter

1/4 cup cocoa powder

2 cups powdered sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 cup milk

Whip butter and cocoa together until smooth in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in vanilla and powdered sugar; stir in milk slowly because you might not need all of the 1/4 cup milk.

If you use Oreo cookies, the filling of the cookies can be used with the frosting. Melt the Oreo cookies filling and add into the frosting.

This is an easy cake to create in no time. Experience for yourself and make changes as you go.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment