Thursday, April 15, 2021

Multipurpose Marinating Sauce for Meats

Summer is the season for BBQ, so I would like to introduce to those who always visit my kitchen a very unique marinade for all kinds of meats. I also use this marinade for seafood dishes like mackerel, tuna, and salmon. To add more flavor for this marinade, I add garlic oil to it.  I will provide a garlic oil recipe instruction below this recipe. In the Asian kitchen, garlic oil plays a big role for preparing Asian dishes. With this kind of marinade source in your hands, you will not hesitate to show off your cooking skills.  I guarantee that any type of meat preparation will have a super result after marinating with this sauce. 

Ingredients:

 1/4 cup soy powder sauce

1/4 cup oyster sauce

1/4 cup garlic oil*

2 tbs garlic powder

1 tbs onion powder

1 tbs 5 spice (ngu vi huong)

2 tbs blak pepper or white pepper

1 tbs paprika

1 tbs seasoning (chicken powder or mushroom powder)

1/4 cup corn syrup

2 tbs honey

1 tbs brown sugar

1/4 cup cooking wine** 

 Directions:

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Store the sauce in a glass jar with lid. It will last for months in the refrigerator.

I use 1/4 cup of the sauce for 2 lbs of chicken. You can adjust the sauce according to your family’s taste. Also adjust the sweet and salty to your liking.

*Garlic oil recipe:

1/2 cup minced garlic

1 cup oil (I use 1/2 peanut oil and grape seeds oil)

In a sauté pan, cook garlic and oil over medium low heat until the garlic turns golden brown. Keep your eyes on the garlic near the end of cooking because it is easy to burn it. Store the garlic oil in a glass jar with lid. I will share many easy recipes later using this oil.

**The cooking wine that I use for this recipe is called "Ruou Mai Que Lo". I will share the recipe at a later time. However, if you live near and Asian grocery store, this wine is sold there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment