Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Easy Almond Cake

Growing up in Vietnam, cooking is part of women's lives. It is the first and most important thing for a young girl to learn; it is just a Vietnamese tradition. I love to cook because of this tradition, but I also like to bake too. However, I do not have the gift of baking skills. Maybe I am not patient enough, and that is my character. I gave up learning baking skills. Lately, as I am getting older, I feel that baking is a fun thing to do in my spare time. Also, nowadays so many bloggers like myself are eager to become a baker. They share the recipes for cakes, breads, and muffins, and even I have posted few easy recipes. I think anyone who enjoys cooking also wants to bake because of the joy felt after the cake or bread comes out from the oven with the fragrance that fills the whole kitchen giving a warm feeling for the whole house. I figure that contrary to a long-held belief, baking goods and desserts should not be regarded as a luxury at home with a few straightforward ingredients. It is said that when a cake or bread that you bake at home instead of buying something already prepared and expensive, you are adding to the nutritional value of the meal and the satisfaction of doing it for your loved ones.

Ingredients:

Wet ingredients:

3 large eggs

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup milk

1 tbs vanilla extract

3/4 cup to 1 cup sugar

Dry ingredients:

1 ½ cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup almond flour

1 tbs baking powder

1/8 tsp salt

Other ingredient:

1/2 cup sliced almonds

Other necessities:

Kitchen Aid blender 

9 inch diameter round or 9 inch square cake pan

Parchment paper

vegetable oil spray

 Directions:

Cut the parchment paper to cover the bottom of the cake pan and spray with oil.

Combine all the wet ingredients and place them in the Kitchen Aid blender.  Use the wire whip attachment to beat the wet ingredients for 7 to 10 minutes or until pale and creamy. You can beat the wet ingredients by hand.

Sift the dry ingredients and set aside.

Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well until there is no trace of flour.

Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and top with sliced almonds.

Bake in the preheated oven set to 350° for 40 minutes until light and golden brown or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Serve with your favorite ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment