Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Fragrant Herbs & Turkey with Radish

Springtime is the herbs season. In my garden, all the Asian herbs, such as basil and mint, are growing beautifully. I love this time of the year because I can make many easy dishes at a fraction of the out-of-season cost. Today, I will share this dish that my mom used to make for us. I revised the recipe to fit with my diet now, which is healthier and less salty then the Vietnamese stew (do kho). I also simplify the cooking technique to make it easy and fast to comprehend with today’s lifestyle. We usually want an easy, fast,, and healthy menu.
Ingredients:
1 lb. turkey or chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 lb. white radish, peeled, cut same size as turkey
2 garlic cloves,, minced
1 tbs minced fresh ginger
2 tbs corn oil or peanut oil
Sauce ingredients:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tsp honey
2 tsp vinegar
1 tbs cooking wine, sake, sherry (your choice)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chili paste
Garnish with the following:
1 cup fresh chopped basil
1/4 cup fresh chopped mints
3 green onions, sliced
Hot cooked rice
Directions:
Heat oil in sauté pan. Stir in garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.

Add turkey, and brown the turkey.


 Add sauce to the turkey, and sauté the turkey with sauce.

 Turn heat down; cover and simmer.

While the turkey is cooking, bring a pot of water to boil and blanch the radish for a couple of minutes. Drained.



When turkey is almost done, add radish and continue to cook until the radish is soft and tender.

Season again with salt, if needed. Stir in green onions.

 Turn the heat off and add all the fresh herbs. I like to serve this dish with wild rice. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment