Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Semi-Homemade Tomato BBQ Sauce

For easy cooking, rotisserie or BBQ is the easiest method to create a meal for large or small groups. I have been cooking for quite sometime now and the best way to create a wonderful meal is to have a ready-made sauce. I like to make BBQ sauce at home because most of the BBQ sauces in bottles that are sold in stores are way too sweet for my taste. However, I like to use some of the BBQ sauce flavors to add into my sauce.  It works for me. With ready-made sauce, I think meals can be ready using either meat or seafood. Today, I will demonstrate this tomato BBQ sauce recipe. This sauce is a life saver.
Ingredients:
1/4 cups olive oil
Two 14.5 cans tomato stew, blend in  blender
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup honey
2 tbs blackstrap molasses
2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup total of fresh herbs, oregano, thyme
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cups BBQ sauce, your choice
Directions:
Heat oil in a medium-size saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic until softened and fragrant.

Stir in the rest of the ingredients uncovered, and simmer until the sauce has thickened.

 Season with some salt, if needed. Let cool and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
Use the handheld blender to give the sauce a smooth textutre

No comments:

Post a Comment