Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Quinoa, Lentil, and Black Rice Salad

There are many recipes and wonderful things about quinoa for the nutrients that they provide. I like to make salad when I have leftover cooked quinoa, lentils, and black rice. These combinations are so healthy for a daily diet. I use in easy method to prepare these grains, so I can have them ready for this recipe. For the dressing, my friend shared with me some coconut vinegar. It gave me an idea to create this recipe with an Asian flair. It is simple and so perfect for a light dinner.
Ingredients:
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup cooked lentils
1 cup cooked black rice
1/2 cup cucumber, diced
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1 cup diced, deep-fried tofu
Dressing ingredients:
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup coconut vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tbs soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp cayenne or red hot chili
Other ingredients:
½ cup chopped basil and cilantro
Directions:
Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Refrigerate until needed. You can adjust the seasoning to your liking, such as more sugar, less vinegar, and some lemon juice.
In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and pour the dressing over them. Mix well. It is now ready to serve.

Tip for cooking quinoa, lentils, and black rice:
I use my rice cooker to make quinoa and the ratio is for every one cup of quinoa, lentils, and black rice, add 2 cups of liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment