Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Chicken-Corn Chowder Using a Crock-Pot®


I have to say, Crock-Pot® recipes are for every busy person who wants to enjoy eating healthy meals.  Best of all, every Crock-Pot® recipes take less time to prepare and to clean up.  I will share my new recipe today using corn and chicken breast.  I also use some of the "pea milk" that my best friend gave me yesterday.  This is a new kind of milk to replace the creamy taste of heavy cream.  This recipe is very healthy, easy, and faster than take-out because it will be steamy-hot at dinner time.

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast, cubed
1 ½ cups frozen corn
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup chopped white onion
1 cup pea milk
Salt, sugar, black pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 tbs oil or butter

Directions:
In the Crock-Pot®, heat oil (I use the one that has the sate function).  Season chicken cubes with salt and pepper and then saute the chicken for 3 minutes. Remove.





Add the rest of the ingredients into the Crock-Pot® except the pea milk.  Close the lid and turn to low for 5 hours or 3 hours for a faster cooking time.


Use a handheld blender to blend the corn mixture to puree.  Add pea milk and adjust the seasoning with more salt.
Add chicken and cook for 30 more minutes.
If using shrimp, add shrimp in the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment