Saturday, August 31, 2013

Wheat-Bean Bread

Since I have owned an automatic bread machine, I have made many kinds of breads. It is a remarkable kitchen appliance that takes the kneading, proofing, and frustration out of baking bread. Last week, when my family visited me, they were so impressed with my baking talent. Even though I showed them exactly that I was assisted by a bread machine, they were still overwhelmed that I could make so many fresh loaves of breads every day – from simple white bread to whole grain, vegetable, and fruit bread as well as dinner rolls, all of which are preservative-free and healthy with different choices of flour. I created this recipe for my family, and they enjoyed this type of bread very much.

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 egg
2 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
1 cup wheat flour
2 ¼ cups bread flour
2 tsp active yeast
1/4 cup cooked corn
1/4 cup cooked beans (Navy beans used here)

Directions:
Place all the ingredients up to the yeast into a bread machine pan. Select the dough function and press start. In the last 10 minutes before the kneading is done, add corn and beans. When the dough has risen long enough, the machine will beep. Turn off bread machine and remove the dough in the bread pan. Place dough onto a lightly floured countertop. Spray some oil onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with some flour. Cut dough into 6 equal portions and form them into round or square shapes (your choice).



Cover dough with towel and let rise  for anther hour or until double in size.
 
 



 

 Preheat oven to 350° and bake bread for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment