Monday, February 8, 2016

Easy Italian Seafood with Squash Spaghetti

I fell in love with spaghetti squash "noodles", and I keep looking for more ways to use these noodles to create new dishes. One Italian pasta dish called "pasta pescadores" came to my mind today. Another reason I like this Italian dish is that the topping for this dish is "gremolata", which contains a combination of garlic, parsley and lemon peels. Most Italian recipes use lots of cheese. However, this dish is plain and tomato sauce is the basic sauce used to create it.  Find the best seafood that is affordable; otherwise, use cooked frozen seafood. I like to create this dish as a healthy "pasta" dish. I use spaghetti squash "noodles" instead of pasta. Feel free to use pasta because the sauce is wonderful, and the frozen cooked seafood is good too. I am not a professional cook, but I love to cook, and I cook every day. It does not mean that I like to spend all my time in my kitchen; as a matter of fact, I like to spend as little time as possible but still the results all my recipes must fit my budget and there nutrition must provide for my family’s choice of healthy choice of eating This dish is made at a fraction of the cost at a five star restaurant.
Ingredients:
Sauce ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
1 small onion chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
3 cups puree tomato sauce
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup shrimp or fish stock
1 lb. cooked seafood

Salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste
Gremolata topping ingredients:
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
Zest of one lemon
3 garlic cloves, minced
Spaghetti squash* or pasta
Directions:
In a saucepan, heat oil. Stir in onions. Cook for 3 minutes and then add garlic and parsley. Add wine;

Cook until the wine evaporates. Stir in tomato sauce and fish stock. Season with salt, black pepper, and chili flakes.



Stir and scrape well to mix. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Because I use cooked seafood. I add seafood just before I am ready to serve.

To make the gremolata topping:
In a bowl, combine all the gremolata topping ingredients and mix well.
To make pasta as the directions of the pasta suggestion. If using spaghetti squash, look at my blog post of how make these noodles under the title “Vietnamese Spaghetti Squash Salad"
To serve:
Place noodles on the serving plate ladle the sauce and seafood; Top with gremolata.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment