Monday, August 21, 2017

Blackberry Jam Cupcakes

I make muffins more often than cupcakes because cupcakes need more skill. As my frequent bloggers, my skill for baking is very low. However, sometime, I like to make cupcakes. Especially, during summer time in the Northwest, blackberry every where. All my friends are picking them and make jam. The deal we make between us is they give me their jam to make cupcakes for our lunch or afternoon tea. This is an easy basic cupcake recipe. However, all my friends love it.

Ingredients:
1 cup self-rising flour
1/3 cup soft butter or margarine
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/3 cup blackberry jam

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line muffin tins with 12 paper liners.

Place sugar and butter in a bowl. Use a handheld mixer to beat mixture until light and fluffy.

Add egg and continue to beat for 2 minutes. Add milk and continue to beat well.
Add vanilla and stir well.
Sift the flour into the egg mixture and gently use a wooden spoon to fold in the flour.

The batter should have a smooth batter.

Use spoon to spoon the batter into the paper liners.
Divide the jam and place in the middle of the each paper liner.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tip: With this amount of batter, I should use the smaller size cupcakes. It should be 8 regular size cupcakes instead of 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment