Wednesday, March 17, 2021

The only thing that belongs to people

There was a man, at the moment of his death, saw the Angel of Death holding a box walking toward him. "We have to go," he said.

The man replied: "But I still have a lot of unfinished things."

 Angel of Death shook his head: "Sorry, but your time has run out".

 The man asked, "What's inside your crate?"

 Angel of Death replied: "It is your relic".

 The man looked suspiciously and asked, "Do you mean my furniture, clothes and money?"

Angel of  Death said: "Those things do not belong to you, they belong to the planet".

 The man continued, "Is it my memory?"

Angel of Death replied: "No, they belong to time".

 The man speculated: "Is it my talent?"

Angel of Death replied: "No, they belong to the situation".

 The man asked again, "Could it be my friends and relatives?" 

Angel of Death said: "No , they belong to the journey you have gone through".

 "Is it my wife and children?"

Angel of Death replied, "No, they belong to your heart".

 The man continued, "It must be my body then." replied: "No, your body belongs to dust".

 The man guessed again: "It must be my soul!"

 Angel of Death smiled kindly: "Son, you guessed all wrong, your soul belongs to me".

 The man heard that, with tears in his eyes, took the chest from the Angel of Death 's hand, opened it, and found the inside completely empty.

 He burst into tears: "Could it be that I don't have anything of my own?"

 Angel of Death replied: "Yes, in this world now, nothing really belongs to you".

 The man asked, "Then what is it after all?"

Angel of Death replied: "Every moment when you are alive is yours

No comments:

Post a Comment