Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Do Not Listen and Do Not Talk



Okonio (Japanese) before become a monk, He works as a government employee. One day a co-worker came to him with a serious face called to him and said, “Okonio, have you heard? In the past few days our company whispered a story about someone and that person was....”

Before his co-worker finished his sentence, Okonio, pretending to be very important, asked, “Was it related to me? And was it beneficial or damaging to me?”

“Oh! It was not beneficial or damaging to you. Well, I just heard that from someone!”

The co-worker who seemed perplexed a little replied,

“How about you, was it beneficial to you?" Okonio asked.

"Oh! It had nothing to do with me," replied the co-worker with a light blush on his face.

"Was it beneficial to our company?" Okonio continued asking.

"Oh, not at all. Actually."

"Aha! I understand now. The story will benefit the person who is in this story right?"

"No, no, no, it is not beneficial, but ...maybe damaging." The co-worker was really uneasy.

Okonio kept pressing. “Do you have some resentment toward that person?"

"No, on the contrary, I like that person."

Okonio smiled and softly said, "You see. The story was not beneficial to you, to me, or to our company and, most importantly, was not beneficial to the person you wanted to mention. I think that you should not waste your effort, energy, or time to talk about that. The best thing is that we just work as normal. I do not listen and you do not talk about this story to anybody else.







No comments:

Post a Comment