Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Grilled Tuna with Lemon Butter Sauce

I spent ten days in California with my family, and on the last night there my sister, Kim, invited us to a seafood restaurant in El Toro. This restaurant is famous for fresh seafood and the breads that are baked each time an order is sent into the kitchen. We had a wonderful time. However, as a cook, I wanted to create some of the dishes that we ordered in that restaurant. I read some of the descriptions and noted some of the explanations from the server about each of the dishes that we ordered. I feel confident enough to create this dish at home.  This is yet another way to satisfy my taste buds when I find myself missing some of the dishes that were served in some restaurant. For a healthier meal, I use skim milk and cut back on the butter.

Ingredients:
Two 8 oz tuna fillets or swordfish
Sat and pepper
1 tbs olive oil
Butter Sauce:
1 lemon zest and juice
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sweet onions, chopped
1 tbs drained capers
2 tbs green olives, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup skim milk
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp olive oil
Fresh parley for garnish

Directions:
Sprinkle tuna with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Place tuna onto the sauté pan and grill each side for 3 minutes.
While fish is grilling, use another sauté pan. Add butter and oil and heat until foaming. Add shallot and onions. Cook until fragrant. Add white wine, lemon juice, and zest and bring to a boil. Cook wine until reduced in half. Add milk, capers, and chopped olives. Stirring constantly, season with salt, pepper. Continue to cook for a few minutes. Pour over fish and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment