Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sweet Potato Muffins

I like sweet potatoes for breakfast, and I have made quite different recipes for sweet potatoes, except making muffins, with it. However, this morning I craved sweet potato muffins, with a hint of cinnamon and coconut oil, for my breakfast. Muffins are a good choice for breakfast, but I needed to change a few ingredients that would make my muffins healthier. I had some sweet mashed potatoes leftover from last night. This recipe is so simple to make by using cake mix.

Ingredients:
1 cup of cake mix
1 cup mashed potatoes
1 egg
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs Chia seeds gel
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1 tbs raisins
Glazing:
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 tbs milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Put 7 small muffin tin liners into the muffin tins and set aside.

With a handheld mixer, beat the sugar, egg, coconut oil, Chia seeds gel, and vanilla until Stir in mashed potatoes and cake mix. Mix well.



 Spoon the batter onto the prepared muffin tins up to 3/4 full. Top each muffin with coconut flakes and raisins. Bake muffins in oven for 25 minutes.



Combine the glazing ingredients and mix well. When muffins cool, pour the glazing over muffins and enjoy.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment