Friday, June 27, 2014

Crockery Bread

A crockery or clay pot is one of my favorite pieces of equipment for cooking/baking. Dating back hundreds of years ago when we did not have all the modern cookery equipment, clay was the material to create pots and pans. I like to watch pizza baked on an open wood burner oven like the one used in every California Pizza Kitchen restaurant. I felt the warm feeling as I watched and enjoyed the fragrance smells from the baking pizzas. I have felt that this feeling could be relived if I owned a cookery pot. Yesterday, when I visited a flea market, I spotted nearly new crockery sold there. I was so happy because I finally own a clay pot, which will help me to create many meals from baking bread to roasting turkey, chicken, pork, or any other kind of meat. Today, I will make an easy loaf of bread. This recipe is called, "No Knead Beer Bread”, and it was posted on my blog on February 29, 2012. Follow the instructions there.

Ingredients:
The same as the No Knead Beer Bread recipe

Directions:
Turn the oven to 450°. While the oven is heating, soak the cookery in water for 15 minutes.


 After 15 minutes, remove the cookery from water and place on the oven. Bake the cookery for 20 minutes.
Follow the dough making instructions of the No Knead Beer Bread recipe and then place the dough in the preheated cookery, Close the lid and bake for 30 minutes.

 Remove the lid and let dough bake for another 15 minutes. Voila!!

No comments:

Post a Comment