Thursday, November 13, 2014

Asian Flare Cranberry Sauce

Every year when Thanksgiving comes, I always cook the turkey, and never does my family table lack a cranberry sauce dish. This sauce is very easy to make and hard to get wrong. This year, will prepare this sauce to have the taste of Asia, because, after all, I am Vietnamese. I will introduce a new way to bring this dish to another level with the taste of ginger, cinnamon, and anise, which are the spices that are used in most Asian cooking. I also will cut back on the volume of sugar used in this dish to compromise for the tangy, sour taste of cranberries. By doing that, I added honey, Fuji apples, and Asian pears to bring out a natural sweetness. I hope this cranberry sauce remains the forever sauce, not just for Thanksgiving, but for every day.

Ingredients:
12 oz. fresh cranberries
1 fresh orange, peeled, cored, and diced
1 Asian pear, peeled, cored, and diced 
1 Fuji apple, peeled, cored and diced
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp salt
2 tsp fresh ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground clove
1/8 tsp ground star anise
1 cup water

Directions:
In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients and cook on low heat until the cranberries burst and the sauce is thickened. Remove and place in a jar.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment