Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Promise ...




The Promise ...
Both are age 17. As patients in the same hospital, they meet while strolling, and in one eye blink, two young hearts throbbed as one. They read deep emotional feelings in each other's eyes. They read in each other's eyes a passionate love, and from that day they were not alone anymore.
Until one day, both are informed that their illnesses are no longer curable. Before each of their families welcomed them home, they sat together one evening, meeting together to overcome fate ... .They promised to write to each other every week two letters to bless and encourage one another each day. Then they parted.
Three months passed swiftly, and the girl’s health became increasingly frail. One day while holding a letter sent to her by the boy, a peaceful, serene, open mouth smile was fixed on her face while her frantic mother called her name. but the girl was gone. The mother removed the letter from her daughter’s hand and read: "... when fate toyed with your life, you should not be afraid because you are always there beside me and everyone cares for you. I am gradually becoming healthy, and I will come to see you one day soon, and you will not be lonely.”
The next day, the mother opened the daughter’s cabinet and discovered several dozen letters written by her daughter, in addition to envelopes and stamps. On top of these letters is a letter the girl wrote to her mother: "Mom, this is the letter I wrote to my boyfriend when we came together to promise to each other all remaining lifetimes together, but I found myself becoming quickly weaker, and I am afraid that I cannot keep that promise. I have probably already written these letters; however,  every week, please help me to send these letters to him  because I want to leave him thinking that I am still alive and encouraging him to rise above his illness. I just want him to have enough confidence to live”.
Her mother located the address on the cover letter to the boy. When she entered this house, she saw on the table a photograph of a young man, looking full of vitality and vigor, fringed with black ribbon. She was amazed when the young man’s mother said the boy had gone one month ago.
The young man’s mother had tears in her eyes and pointed to all the letters neatly arranged in order on the alter next to his photo and said, "I lost my son one month ago, but before leaving, he spent three days and three nights to write these letters. He asked me send one every week to his girlfriend because that girl was looking forward to encouragement from him to fight her illness. From that day, on requests of my son, I was sending these letters out each month, not knowing that the girl would receive them".
After understanding the meaning of these letters, both mothers cried without a sound. Both of them decided to still send one letter to each other weekly that their children had intended to send. They felt it necessary to do so because of one lofty aspiration.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment