Friday, April 8, 2016

Zucchini Bread

I had been busy with my family visiting me in the last few weeks. The last family members left yesterday. I missed my blog since my daily schedule had changed with a different routine. Even though I cooked every day for my family, I did not have time for my blog. However, I will now post the easy zucchini bread today using a Vitamix blender. My family loved this bread, and now here it is..

Ingredients:
Dry ingredients:
2 cups cake mix *
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup shredded zucchini
Wet ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/3 cup melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°.
Coat a 9” x 5” loaf pan with coconut oil and dust with flour.
In the Vitamix or another blender container, combine all the wet ingredients. Secure the lid. Select variable speed 1. Turn the machine on and slowly turn the machine to variable speed 10. Blend for 15 seconds.
Place cake mix in a mixing bowl. Fold in the egg mixture, and then the zucchini and nuts.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cook the bread in the cake pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool the bread completely on a wire rack



*If you do not have the cake mix, combine the following ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

No comments:

Post a Comment