Friday, January 13, 2017

Indian Eggs Curry

In India, eggs curry is mostly served as a common meal. Last year, I had a chance to taste this recipe on the Princess cruise ship to Alaska. I think the eggs curry served on the ship had a lighter taste than most of India curry. I wanted to prepare the eggs curry as soon as I got off the ship. However, it took me a year to create this recipe. There is no reason why it took me so long – it is just I have more recipes other than eggs to make. Today, my friend gave me a dozen fresh farm eggs. The memory of the eggs curry is coming back to me from the Alaska cruise. This recipe is so easy to prepare and if some guests just stop by without being announced, the eggs curry dish can be made in no time to surprise them. So here it is – an easy healthy eggs curry.

Ingredients:
12 hardboiled eggs, peeled from their shelled
1 small white onion, diced
1 medium tomato, diced
Curry spicy ingredients:
2 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tsp chili powder or paprika
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
Other ingredients:
2 cup water
1 cup coconut cream
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
1 tbs oil
1 tbs butter

Directions:
You can cut the eggs in half. I like to leave them whole.
In a mini processor, place all the curry spicy ingredients and 1 tbs of water and blend into paste.
Heat oil and butter in a pot. Add spicy paste and cook until fragrant. Stir in onions and cook until onion starts to wilt.



Add tomatoes. Stir and cook for 7 minutes.

Add 2 cups of water. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring to boil and cook for 15 minutes.

Add hard-boiled eggs and simmer for 15 minutes. Add coconut cream and adjust the seasoning with sugar and more salt, if needed.

Bring back to simmer for 5 minutes. It is ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment