Monday, June 11, 2018

Easy Healthy Banana Pancakes


I love pancakes, but pancakes are made with flour, and that sometimes prevents me from enjoying pancakes. I have watched many YouTube videos about making gluten-free pancakes, but this recipe caught my eye. This recipe is so easy to make and gluten-free means no flour is used in the batter. How good does that sound?  I have followed this recipe many times, and today I will share this recipe with those who are dealing with Celiac Disease. I believe that this recipe will create a healthy breakfast that I can enjoy almost every day.

Ingredients:
1 large banana
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbs chopped nuts (your choice)
1 tbs coconut oil or butter
Garnish with sliced apple, watermelon, and blueberries

Directions:
Peel banana (I use a right banana), and place in a bowl.

Break an egg and add with banana.

Use a handheld beater to beat the egg and banana well (add the baking powder, cinnamon, and chopped nuts).


Let the batter sit for 15 minutes.
Heat oil in a nonstick sauté pan.

Divide batter into three portions (use about 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake).


Pan fry the pancakes over low heat (flip each pancake when it starts to brown).

Remove from heat and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment