Monday, May 29, 2017

Easy Cupcakes

My mom always told me do not waste any food because many poor children in the world do not have food to eat. Therefore, I apply this philosophy to my cooking. I use most of my leftovers to create recipes that work. Yesterday, I made coconut macaroons, and it left me with two egg yolks. Today, I will introduce an easy cupcake recipe to finish with those two yolks. The filling or frosting is very much your choice. Life is better with a cupcake, I like this slogan.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of self-rising flour or cake mix
1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup soft butter or margarine
2 yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Line 3 muffin tins with paper liners.
In a small bowl, lightly beat egg yolks with milk.
In a mixing bowl use the hand held beater to beat the sugar and margarine until fluffy.


Add egg-milk mixture with flour. Start with flour and end with flour. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla


Spoon the batter into the paper liners (do not overfill them).

Bake cupcakes in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown
 

Let cool in a pan for 10 minutes and serve or cool completely on a wire rack if frosting them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment