Sunday, July 16, 2017

Asian Chicken Curry

Curry paste such as green, red, and mussamun are the primary ingredients for making Thai curry. There is a variety of curry recipes all over the Asian world. It depends on which region of Asia makes curry. I do not want to label my recipe for any kind of curry dishes because I love all of them. The easiest way to make curry is to buy the curry paste on the market. I already have most of the spices I use at home, so it is not hard for me to create the curry with what I have on and. The spiciness can be easy to adjust for one’s taste, and I call it curry the way you want. Here is another easy curry dish that I like to share.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
2 cups coconut milk
1 cup coconut cream
2 tbs coconut oil
Vegetables:
1 cup eggplants, diced
1 cup green beans
Curry spices:
2 shallots
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp fresh minced lemongrass
1 jalapeno, chopped
1tsp curry powder
2 tbs fish sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar

Garnish with sweet basil, and green onions
Serve with rice

Directions:
In a mini food processor, blend all the curry sauce to a fine paste.
Clean the chicken breasts and cut into slices. Bring 2 cups of coconut milk to boil and cook chicken slices in to the milk until done (about 10 minutes). Turn the heat off and let the chicken cook in hot milk.
In a pan, heat oil. Add curry paste and sauté until fragrant. Gradually, add the coconut cream and cook until the oil surfaces. Add eggplants and green beans. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cooked chicken and hot milk and bring to simmer. Season with more salt and pepper to your taste. The taste should be salty and slightly sweet. Top with basil and green onions. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment