Sunday, July 16, 2017

Easy Healthy Creamy Corn Chowder

I like chowder, but the bacon fat and heavy cream are not my kind of food that I like to eat more often.  I created this chowder for my own taste, and it is healthy to consume. I use silken tofu and coconut milk to replace the heavy creamy taste. I like it and hope my frequent bloggers enjoy it too.

Ingredients:
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups frozen or fresh corn
4 oz. silken tofu
1 tbs coconut oil
1 cup white onions, diced
1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
1/2 cup diced carrots
2 cups diced & peeled potatoes
Spices:
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
Garnish with chopped cilantro

Directions;
In a blender, add 1/2 cup corn, tofu, and coconut milk and blend to creamy. Set aside.
In a pot, heat oil until hot. Sauté the onions, carrots, red bell pepper, and the remaining amount of corn. Continue heating until the onions are translucent. Stir in cumin and chili powder and mix well.
Stir in potatoes and broth. Bring to boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Add tofu, corn, and coconut mixture. Bring back to boil. Adjust seasoning with more salt.
Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve.

I am sorry for not having photos because my camera is in the prepare shop now

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you actually get rid of fat by consuming coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete