Thursday, May 24, 2018

Easy Sour Cream Yellow Cake


I am not a baker, but I love to bake a simple cake to treat my friends and family with an afternoon tea. Many times, I visited the YouTube channel to learn how to bake a cake. I like Jenny Can Cook, One Pot Chef, and other bakers whom I do not remember here. This is the recipe that I think when I buy a large container of sour cream at Costco. I needed to find a way to finish before the sour cream turns bad. The answer is easy yellow cake as you have come to know me. My kitchen always has cake mix or muffin mix on hand. Let’s do some baking.

Ingredients;
Dry ingredients:
2 cups cake mix
1/2 tsp baking soda
Wet ingredients:
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil or 1 stick of melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Others:
1/4 to 1/3 cup powdered sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven set to 350°.
Grease and flour an 8” x 8” baking pan or baking dish.

Sift the flour and baking soda and set aside.

Combine all the wet ingredients and use a handheld beater to blend well.


Pour the blended wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until batter smooth (use the handheld beater to help you with this task or use the100-year-old-grandmother method to bake a cake-50 strokes). Do not overmix the batter.


Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The baking time varies by the oven model and also the size of the baking pan. You just have to adjust as you go.

Let cake bake completely and then sprinkle with powdered sugar on top.

This simple cake will go well with a cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment