Monday, November 11, 2013

Just Five More Minutes


Life has a long priority list. What is your priority? Give your loved one just 5 minutes of your busy time each day.

On a bench in the park, a woman sat next to a man near the children’s playground.

“He is my son", said the woman talking and pointing toward a young boy wearing a red sweater who was playing on the slide.

"He looks very healthy", the man replied, “and my son is the young boy in the blue sweater".

After saying that, he looked at his watch and said to his son, “Let’s go home, Todd". The young boy, named Todd, turned and looked at his dad and insisted, “Just 5 more minutes, Dad, please, 5 minutes.".

The man lightly nodded his head, and the young boy continued to play with joy on his face.

After the five minutes passed by, the man stood up and said, “Could we go home now Todd?". Todd, one more time, asked his father for another 5 minutes.

The man one more time nodded his head and with smile on his face said, “All right". 

The woman saw it and exclaimed, “You are really a patient father".

The man smiled and slowly said, “My oldest son, Tommy, died last year by a drunken driver when Tommy was riding his bicycle nearby. I never set aside my time for Tommy, and now I would trade everything that I have just to spend 5 more minutes with him. I vowed to myself that I will ever never repeat that mistake with Todd. Todd thought that he had 5 minutes to play, but the truth is I had 5 more minutes to watch him play”.

 

Source: Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment