Monday, January 6, 2014

Easy, Moist, Tasty, Homemade Cake

I am not a baker, so I always want to find the easiest recipe to make a cake for birthdays or some family gatherings. The recipe of homemade cake that I will prepare today is from Chicken in the Road. You can go here for the whole tutorial.

http://chickensintheroad.com/cooking/homemade-yellow-cake-mix/

The only changes that I made to this recipe were the sugar and the butter. It is for my own taste, and I just want to practice using the chia seeds gel for making cake to have a healthier version like the famous quote, “have your cake and eat it too”. Well, maybe it has a different meaning, but ...

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbs baking powder
1 cup sugar
Add:
1 tbs vanilla
3 eggs
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup soft butter
1/4 cup Chia seeds gel (1 tsp chia seeds with 1/4 cup water)

Directions:
Butter and flour a 9 in. cake pan. Preheat oven to 350°.
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and use a handheld mixer to beat all the ingredients
together until smooth.



 Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment