Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tentsuyu (Tempura Dipping Sauce)

In the Japanese kitchen, this is the simple sauce that adds flavor to any dish from tofu to meats. This sauce can be poured over steamed noodles for a quick lunch or dinner. I got this recipe verbally from my friend, and I put it together from memory. I have introduced this sauce into my blog because I think it is easy to help create a quick meal with a ton of flavors.

Ingredients:
1 cup daikon, cut into small pieces

2 cups water
2 tbs Bonita flakes
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup sake
1/4 cup mirin
1 tbs sugar

Directions:
In a saucepan, bring water and daikon to boil.


 Turn heat down and simmer for 30 minutes. Add Bonita and the rest of the ingredients.

Turn the heat off. When it cools, drain the liquid and pour into a clean jar with a lid and refrigerate for weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment