Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fish Baked in Orange-Almond Sauce

When I look back over the years since I have had this cooking blog, there have been so many recipes that I have acquired. Some of the recipes in my blog I learned from other cooking blogs, with some famous chefs on television, or as well as my own.  I always return to some of my own ideas for the simple reason that cooking has to be easy, fun, and healthy. Therefore, sometimes I have to make a lot of changes for my own taste. Because most of my recipes are written to serve just two people, I hope that those who have not previously tried my recipes have a smaller version to practice their cooking skills.

Ingredients:
Two 6 oz. tilapia fillets
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper
Sauce:
1/4 cup almonds
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp chili paste
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
1/4 cup skim milk
2 tbs butter, melted
1 tbs olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tbs fresh chopped cilantro
2 tbs fresh chopped parsley
1/2 cup four cheese blend (Costco brand)

Directions:
Season fish with salt and pepper. Place fish onto the baking dish. Pour the fresh orange juice over fish. Marinate fish in the refrigerator for one hour.


Preheat oven to 375°.
 In a food processor, blend the almonds until pulverized. Combine herbs, chili paste, Cayenne, garlic, milk, melted butter, and olive oil. Mix the herbs mixture with the pulverized almonds.

 Divide the herbs/almonds mixture evenly over the fish.

Top each fish with cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

Serve with red pickled onions and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment