Monday, May 30, 2016

Easy Mints Pesto

Mints are paring well with lamb and pork. Mints are easy to grow, and the benefit of having mints in the garden is priceless. Mints, cucumbers, and ginger in water is a healthy drink for summer. This water combination can be drunk every morning to detox the body, according to Indian medicine. I love mints, so in my garden I have a lot of different kinds of mints. Today, I will introduce an easy recipe for pesto using mints and parsley. I know most pestos have pine nuts and cheese. For my family’s diet, I use almonds or other kinds of nuts that are available to me. I omit the cheese because of my family’s diet. Here it is, this pesto will save time preparing simple baked fish fillets. For advancing the recipe, this pesto can be used as the sauce to prepare the potato-mushroom pizza.

Ingredients:
1 cup packed mints leaves
1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley
3 scallions, green part only, sliced
1 shallot, chopped
Zest of one lemon and juice
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt to taste and pepper
Cayenne pepper (optional)
1/4 cup almond (your choice of nuts)

Directions:
Place all the ingredients in a food processor except the oil and blend well. As the machine is running; add oil slowly. Store the mixture in a jar with lid in the refrigerator for up to one week.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment