Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Easy Apple Cake

I am still trying to finish using some of the apples that my neighbor gave me yesterday. The simplest way is to make an apple coffee cake. I have a recipe for easy cake. Also, I will add coconut oil with regular butter or vegetable oil in this recipe to make this cake a healthier choice for breakfast. A stand mixer is one of the most helpful piece of kitchen equipment for home baking. If I had more space in my kitchen, I would like to have two stand mixers to make other kinds of cake more easily, such as the kind of cake that needs beaten egg white. However, this is an easy cake, and even a handheld mixer will do the work.

Ingredients:
Dry ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbs baking powder
1/4 tsp each of ground cinnamon and pumpkin spice
1/8 tsp nutmeg
Wet Ingredients:
1 ½ cups sugar
3 eggs
1tsp vanila
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
3 cups peeled, cored, and chopped tart apples

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°.
Grease and flour a 9 inch diameter cake pan and set aside.

Sift all the dry ingredients together and set aside.

In a stand mixer bowl, add eggs, sugar, and oil. Beat for 5 minutes or until the egg looks light in color. Add vanilla



Add flour and turn machine on a low beat to combine.

 Stir in apple and mix well.


Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Serve warm or let cake cool before icing the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment