Saturday, March 7, 2015

Ultimate Banana-Coconut Bread

Banana bread is one of the quick breads that I love to make.  I call this ultimate banana bread because I finally found this recipe from the cookbook entitled "How to Cook Everything" from Mark Bittman. In the recipe from the book, I add coconut oil to replace some of butter and add cinnamon to it.  I also cut back the sugar content in his recipe just for my own taste. The bread turns out delicious after baking and even better for the next day for making toast.

Ingredients:
Dry ingredients:
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Wet ingredients:
2 eggs
1/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup coconut oil plus 1 tbs for greasing the loaf pan
1/2 cup sugar
3 very ripe bananas, mashed with fork until smooth
Other ingredients:
1/2 cup total chopped walnuts and pecan
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 9” x 5” loaf pan with coconut oil.
Mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
Cream the butter, oil, and sugar with a handheld electric mixer.

 Beat in eggs and mashed bananas.


Stir in dry ingredients and mix with a few pulses.

Do not overmix the batter. Stir in vanilla, chopped nuts, and coconut.


Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until nicely brown.

 Check that a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

This bread is very moist more than most kinds of quick bread because of the bananas. Cool on the rack for 15 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Chi Lan. You're a talent cook, and you have a lot of good recipes. I found your blog few days ago, it liked I discovered a treasure. I posted your "Cha Gio Chay" and "Bo Luc Lac." pictures and links to my blog. Look forward to meet you in the future. I am in Seattle, WA. Please review the link and email me if you have any question.
    Link to cha gio chay: https://travinhnetworks.wordpress.com/2015/03/09/recipe-cha-gio-chay-vegetarian-egg-rolls/
    Link to bo luc lac, I did trim the picture: https://travinhnetworks.wordpress.com/2015/03/09/bo-luc-lac-shaking-beef-salad/
    This is my email address: travinhnetworks1@gmail.com. And my blog: https://travinhnetworks.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I love to cook and share what I know. Definitely will meet you someday and we can learn many things in life together

      Delete