Saturday, November 7, 2015

Easy Healthy Banana Oatmeal Bars

I posted a few granola bars recipes before, and today I will share this easy recipe.  I found this recipe on the Live Strong website. It seemed good to me, and I added a few more ingredients that I think have a better taste for me. These bars are good for breakfast or on the go. They are delicious and packed with protein needed each day.

Ingredients:
2 bananas
2 cups oatmeal
1/4 cup nuts (your choice)
1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt

Directions:
Using a Vitamix blender, coarsely blend nuts but try to maintain their shapes.  Remove nuts from blender and place in a mixing bowl.
Add bananas to blender and blend until smooth.  Add blended bananas to the nuts in the mixing bowl together with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.

Cut a piece of parchment paper and use it to line an 8” x 8” baking dish.  Use 1 tbsp of coconut oil to grease the parchment paper.



  Pour the bananas/oatmeal mixture into the prepared pan.  Smooth out evenly.  Bake for 30 minutes. 

 Let pan cool completely before cutting into bars.  Place the bars in a jar with lid or in a Ziploc bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment