Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Healthy Cilantro & Lime Dressing

Some of my friends are now on diets. For this reason, I am now trying to help them as much as I can by creating healthy, low-fat recipes.  I adapted this dressing recipe from a Mexican version, but I changed a few ingredients to make this dressing leaner. This dressing can be served over salads or as a topping with grilled fish.

Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbs lime juice
1 tsp white vinegar
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tsp blackstrap molasses
1 tsp honey
1/8 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 fresh hot chili
2 cups cilantro leaves

Directions:

Place all the ingredients above, except the cilantro leaves, in a blender and blend until smooth. Add cilantro leaves and blend well. 








 Adjust the seasonings to your liking.  Place dressing in a glass jar with lid.  Refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment