Thursday, June 18, 2015

Baked Fish with Tomatillos Salsa

My friends and I got together yesterday to make a tomatillo salsa dish. I wrote the recipe for this salsa dish in my blog months ago --posted on December 8, 2014. My friend, Melodee’s, family loves this salsa, so she suggested to me that we should gather some close friends  and have fun making it . Most Mexican salsa recipes are very tractable. I seldom buy salsa at the grocery store, simply because it's so easy to make at home. After completion of this dish, we had such a great time. Melodee also had another idea to use for this dish rather than just eat salsa with chips. Her idea is using this dish for supper with grilled chicken or fish. This is an excellent idea for a quick meal and good nutrition. Because I have salsa available in the refrigerator; I will try a new recipe in honor of Melodee. I also want to serve this dish with American potato salad as prepared from my blog’s recipe posted on March 25, 2015. So let's say hello to South meets West.

Ingredients:
Two 6 oz. tuna fillets or any kind of fish available
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup tomatillo salsa
1/4 tsp salt for each fillet
1 tbs lemon juice and zest of lemon

American potato salad

Directions:
In a baking dish, place fish. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, lemon juice, and zest. Bake in preheated oven set to 400°. Bake for 15 minutes. Then top with salsa. Continue to bake for another 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with fork. Remove from oven and serve with potato salad.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment