Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Yellow Corn Muffins

I have worked through most types of sweet muffins, but particularly savory muffins I have never tried. This morning, when I went outside and walked around my herbs garden, it caught my eyes that the chives were doing so well. It gave me an idea that I should start making savory muffins from now on. Also, all the fresh herbs such as rosemary, parsley, oregano, and thyme would enhance the flavor for the savory muffins. Other ingredients that can add to this kind of muffins are cheese, nuts, ham, bacon, leftover meat, etc. This is my first batch of savory muffins, so I did not intend to write the recipe in my blog; however, after they came out from the oven, they looked to seductive, and when tasted, were quite delicious. So I want to share this simple recipe with anyone who wants to start making savory muffins.

Ingredients;
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal flour
1 tbs baking powder
3 tbs grated parmesan cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
A pinch of black pepper
1 tsp (or more, your choice) jalapeno pickle, chopped
2 tbs fresh chives, chopped
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup skim milk
1 cup frozen corn kernels 

Directions
Preheat oven to 375°. Line 12 a muffin tin with muffin tin liners.


Stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, parmesan cheese, black pepper, and mix well.
With a handheld mixer, beat eggs, milk, and oil.


 Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the egg mixture and corn, jalapeno, and chives.

Mix gently until just combined. Do not overmix.




Spoon the batter into the muffin tin liners 2/3 full. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.





Serve warm.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment