Sunday, June 7, 2015

Quick Bulgogi Baked Fish

Bulgogi sauce is a very famous Korean dish for its versatile Korean applications. This sauce is very easy to make at home, but it is sold in a bottle at any Korean grocery. I always have this sauce in my pantry, or sometimes I make the sauce myself if I can get my hands on some Asian pears. The sauce goes well with many dishes from meat, vegetables, tofu, or to any kind of fish. I like to prepare this dish with fish because it is so simple to serve as a healthy dinner or a quick fix, if some friends show up unannounced. The nice thing about this dish is that most vegetables can accompany it as well. Throw in some baked potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, steamed broccoli, or spinach and voila – dinner served!

Ingredients:
Two salmon or tuna
1/4 cup store-bought Bulgogi sauce
1 tbs roasted sesame oil
1 tsp Korean chili powder or cayenne
Garnish with fresh chopped chives or green onions
Hot cooked rice

Directions:
In a baking dish, place fish. Pour about 2 tablespoons of Bulgogi sauce over fish. Top with chili powder or cayenne. Bake fish in a preheated oven set to 400° for 20 minutes. Add roasted sesame seeds, chives, or green onions on top and serve.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment