Friday, November 4, 2011

Easy Herb Rolls Recipe



This morning after spending a few hours of weeding the unwanted intruders in my herb garden, I am so happy that all my herb plantings last year are all coming back. Unfortunately, the garlic chives did not do well like the others. I used to dream about baking my own breads by using some of the herbs in the garden, and now this is the reality. Today, I want to use herbs from my garden to make herb rolls.
For years, I had been looking for an easy recipe for a person like me. I didn't have baking skills and always felt discouraged if the recipe called for yeast until the day I asked my friend, Lynne, about how to bake bread at home. Lynne told me about using a bread machine to help the kneading part of the process. She took me to a Goodwill store to buy an inexpensive bread machine to begin my journey of baking bread at home. For this, I thank Lynne for helping me to discover the whole new world of baking your own bread. You can go to this website http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Bread-Machine-Baking-Tips-for-Experimenting/Detail.aspx to learn more about bread machine tips. As bread prices are going up these days, why not save money by making breads at home with very little effort. Investing in a bread machine will definitely save half of the time. Make a trip to Goodwill and bring home an inexpensive bread machine. I can guaranty that you will be very happy . I believe that if I can do this, so can you!.

After searching many recipes online and also watching cooking programs on TV, I came up with this recipe that I think is very easy for people just starting to bake bread at home, and I want to share this with you.



Herb rolls recipe ( this recipe can serve 6 to 10 rolls)
The Ingredients:
1/2 cup water
1 egg room temperature
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2Tbsp olive oil ( you can use butter or margarine)
2 and 1/2 cup of bread flour ( I bought bread flour at Costco )
2 tsp yeast ( I bought at Costco)
1 Tbsp each of fresh sage and oregano ( you can substitute with dried herbs or any kind of herbs that you like)

Directions:
Place the ingredients in the pan of the bread machine as listed above-- except the herbs. I always add herbs at 10 minutes before the dough cycle is done. Select the dough cycle and press start.
At the point when the dough cycle has finished, either you can let the dough rise in the bread machine, or you can put the dough into a mixing bowl covered with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until it doubles in size.
Deflate the dough by using your fist. lightly butter or grease 6 or 10 muffin cups. Fill each muffin cup half way up because it needs room for a second rise. Cover the muffin cups with plastic wrap or a damp cloth and let the dough rise for a second time in a warm place for about 30 minutes.


After the second rise, preheat the oven at 350°f and bake these wonderful rolls for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the variety of oven that you use.



No comments:

Post a Comment